The Street Parade does not charge admission and is mainly financed by the sale of drinks. As a non-profit association, it is of great concern to us to offer you the best possible service, while also protecting the environment and supporting our neighbors. That's why we put one franc for every sold drink into the health of the visitors and into the protection of the environment. Without increasing the price of drinks, we support a responsible approach to nature and the environment.
So that the party has a future.
- All food waste is collected, processed in a biogas plant and then fed into the gas network of the city of Zurich.
- All drinks sold at the Street Parade stands are packaged in 100% recyclable PET or aluminum.
- The waste is sorted into pet, aluminum and glass in an elaborate process, separated and returned to the respective recycling cycle.
- All containers at the food stands are biodegradable or recyclable.
- The CO2 emissions of the Love Mobiles are offset through a partnership with myclimate.
- Around 100 additional toilet facilities will be placed in the Old Town.
- All stages and food stands will be powered by green electricity. In addition, the stages and stand signage are made of storm wood and are also free of plastic.
- Glass collection teams: The Street Parade asks visitors not to bring glass with them, broken glass leads to injuries and - the premature removal of glass in place with the glass collection teams deployed for this purpose are very costly.
- The Street Parade collects on average about 130g of waste per visitor. The Swiss population normally produces 2kg of waste per capita every day.
For every drink sold, we invest one franc in the environment - any surplus is used to support local aid organizations.