The Street Parade does not cost admission and is mainly financed by the sale of drinks. As a non-profit organization, the organizers are committed to providing visitors with the best possible service while protecting the environment and supporting neighbors. For this reason, the association uses one franc of every drink sold for the health of the visitors and for environmental protection. Without increasing the price of drinks, the organisers thus support a responsible approach to nature and the environment.
- All catering waste is collected, processed in a biogas plant and fed into the gas grid.
- All beverages sold at the Street Parade stands are packaged in 100% recyclable PET or aluminium.
- The rubbish is sorted out in a complex process and all recyclable materials are recycled.
- All containers at the food stands are biodegradable or recyclable.
- The CO2 emissions of the Love Mobiles are offset by a partnership with myclimate.
- Around 100 additional WC facilities are placed in the old town
- All stages and food stands are powered by green electricity. In addition, the stages and stand inscriptions are made of storm wood and are also free of plastic.
- Glass collection teams The Street Parade asks visitors not to bring any glass with them, broken glass leads to injuries and the premature removal of glass collection teams very time-consuming.
- On average, the Street Parade collects around 130g of waste per visitor. The Swiss population normally produces 2kg of waste per capita per day.